Color Music Charts

Below are my color charts of music.  It is a very conceptual idea I have been working with.  I asked the question, if every note had a color assigned to it, then what would a chord look like?  Is it a mixture of each note played in the chord or does the root of the chord hold more strength?

I do not claim my charts will make anyone a better musician or songwriter.  At the same time, it is something I have used to see interesting correlations with musical notes and how the neck of the guitar is set up.

If you are a musician or an artist it can be fun to look at my charts.  I also recommending making your own charts.  To me the note C sounds yellow, but you can match it with purple, blue, or any color you like.

Click to enlarge picture








4 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea. The charts are well designed, which makes it easy to understand your idea. It's an exciting thought to think of color with each note or cord played. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I have a more natural and simple to understand music/color system. Would like to talk more privately. I will try to message you through Facebook. Deborra White, Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborra, Thank you for your comment. I apologize I am replying nearly two years later. I do not check Blogger often, and I am just seeing this now in November 2023. I do not know if we already talked, but I would not mind talking more about my music chart.

      My chart has some inconsistencies or mistakes with it when comparing it to music theory. I mostly created the chart for myself to help me learn and associate the sound of music with a visual representation. In no way is it meant to be perfect.

      I hope this message finds you well, and life is going well for you.

      Delete
  3. Your system is a nice one, I don't mean to sound like it isn't.

    ReplyDelete